The sudden death of singing legend Whitney Houston was devastating to her many fans as well as her family. It was a shock in some ways, but anyone following the Pop Diva over the years, unfortunately knew this day would come. The L.A. Corner released her cause of death yesterday and the findings were not too surprising. It was officially listed as an accidental drowning, due to atherosclerotic heart disease and cocaine use.
Officials also announced she had traces of several other deadly combinations in her system. Which included; marijuana, Benadryl (allergy medication), Xanax (anxiety medication) and Flexeril (muscle relaxer). It appears she was in more trouble than most anticipated, making it obvious she was headed down an accelerated path of destruction.
The singer died in the bathtub at the Beverly Hilton and sources say it’s possible she may have had a heart attack that caused her to lose consciousness and drown. But the shocking thing is that they did not find any evidence of cocaine in her hotel room. Does that mean someone supplied it prior to her arriving?
It is sad to hear a woman with so much talent was so broken. This devastating loss of such an icon goes to show, fame and money truly does not bring happiness. In recent years stars also seem to be joining the millions hooked on prescription medication. There is a strong need for education on the deadly harm of these highly addictive pills…just because your doctor prescribes them, does not mean they are good for you. Taking this type of medication can sometimes make people do things more irresponsibly. Although they say pills did not contribute to her cause of death, they likely increased her drug use and reckless behavior.
Who are the real drug dealers corrupting society? Maybe we should take a closer look at the medical field to determine the answer…
Let’s face it, the average person does not drown in a bathtub, unless drugs or alcohol are involved.