This week was filled with a variety of news events which will make you happy, sad and outraged. If you didn’t have time to catch up on the headlines; below is a recap. Click on the links to read the full story.
- Space legend Neil Armstrong died on Saturday at the age of 82. The World renowned astronaut made history as the first man to walk on the moon. His family released a statement just after his passing; “We are heartbroken to share the news that Neil Armstrong has passed away following complications resulting from cardiovascular procedures”. Armstrong had recently underwent heart surgery.
- Storm Isaac is headed toward Florida, just in time for the Republican National Convention (GOP). Attendees have been cautioned to seek shelter in the event of severe weather. Maybe this is a warning for them to end the negative bashing and stick with the real issues.
- Reality TV star Snooki gave birth to a baby boy, naming him Lorenzo Dominic Lavalle. This hopefully will end her drunken stupidity as seen on the “Jersey Shore”. Becoming a mother may have just saved her life.
- Empire State building shooting left nine innocent bystanders wounded by police gun shots. Steven Ercolino went on a rampage; killing his former boss in anger for being fired from his job last year. The 41-year-old shooter was then shot at 16 times by police and died at the scene. Apparently, many of the shots missed him and ricocheted into the crowd. Seriously, no job is worth murder or losing your life.
- Legendary biker Lance Armstrong ended his fight against doping charges brought on by the United States Anti-Doping Agency. This essentially means he will lose his seven Tour de France titles and all awards and money won since 1998. What a waste of talent and historic achievements during his long career…although he maintains his innocence, he’s banned for life by the USADA.
- Chicago shootings continued to spike; with 16 wounded and 1 dead within a three-day span of violence. What will end the senseless crime in such a great city? How many more need to die before they bring in the National Guard to get this under control?
- Lubbock, Texas County Judge Thomas Head told a television network that if President Barack Obama is reelected, the country will be “Under threat of invasion by the United Nations and should brace for a possible civil war”. This completely insane statement made by a top official caused many to cringe (including Republican’s) and prompted Democrats to call for his resignation. Seriously, what year are we living in?
- Presidential candidate Mitt Romney told a crowd of supporter’s a tasteless “joke”. Speaking about his Michigan roots, he said, “No one’s ever asked to see my birth certificate. They know that this is the place that we were born and raised.” Seriously, he’s no comedian and should just stick with the real issues. How many times does President Obama’s birthplace need to come up before these idiots figure out he would not have made President if he were born in Africa!
- Nude photo’s of Prince Harry during his Vegas trip were released, causing an uproar in the UK. The royal family is said to be outraged at the young Prince. But I thought the saying goes; “What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas?” Besides, he was born nude and everyone saw that, so what’s the big deal! It’s not like he was caught with a felony charge.
It’s tragic that most this weeks news was devastating and the only positive top story was Snooki giving birth. What has this world come to?